The
Renaissance
Society

at The University of Chicago
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN ARCHIVE SITE
Visit our new site for all current information.
 

First Meeting of the Society

June 03 – June 03, 1915

 
At a meeting held at the University of Chicago Harper Assembly Hall in Cobb Hall (the building that presently houses the Society) a committee of five, chaired by J. Laurence Laughlin, professor and head of the Department of Political Economy, was appointed to consider the organization of the art society and draft a constitution. Then University of Chicago President Henry Pratt Judson suggested the name "The Renaissance Society."

 

   
   
The Renaissance Society
is a contemporary art
museum free and
open to the public
Tue  Aug 04, 2020